- Nov 1, 2013__________________________________________________________________
- And… thanks to the internet a fantastic graphic artist based in London got in touch with me and I became an instant fan. Andy Ward is his name and I asked him to create a Dr Lonnie Smith tour poster for some upcoming dates. Andy rocked it Ward style and the results can be seen HERE along with some nice commentary from the artist himself.
- Oct 13, 2013__________________________________________________________________
- Sept 4, 2013__________________________________________________________________
New release coming from IHS! TONIGHT IS NOW features the same band as his chart topping ballads record (Adam Scone: Hammond B-3 organ / Charles Ruggiero: drums) but with the addition of jazz super star Philip Harper on trumpet and the incredible Loston Harris on Wurlitzer electric piano. Officially available Oct 8, this album is a wild ride through the soulful and swinging territories of the possibilities of the immediate. Check out this free preview!
- April 26, 2013__________________________________________________________________
Week of Feb 4: #9 / Week of Feb 11: #1 / Week of Feb 18: #3 / Week of Feb 25: #3 / Week of March 4: #11 / Week of March 11: #15 / Week of March 18: #27 / Week of March 25: #37 / Week of April 1: #28 / Week of April 8: #42
How about that? 6 weeks in the top 20, 4 weeks in the top 10, 10 weeks altogether in the charts and of course THE COVETED #1.
Many thanks to all the DJ’s who spun the record and to all the folks out there enjoying the sounds. It’s why we do it!
- Feb 8 , 2013__________________________________________________________________
#1! THE SOUL OF MY ALTO is #1 this week on the national jazz charts! A first for IHS!
- Jan 20, 2013
And we’re off! THE SOUL OF MY ALTO hits the airwaves and things are shaping up very nicely. The record came up as the #1 Jazz CD of the Week at “CSCR 90.3 CaFM Toronto, ON 1. IAN HENDRICKSON-SMITH The Soul Of My Alto”. Also a very nice quote: ”The warm, clear, and sensitive sound of Hendrickson-Smith’s alto makes him distinctive amongst his peers!” -Jerry Gordon, Serenade to a Cuckoo, WPRB 103.3 FM, Princeton University.
- Jan 10, 2013
New Years Eve report: After a fantastic 8 day trip up to my second hometown: Vancouver, BC to play at Cory Weeds’ Cellar Jazz Club, I wanted to share some pictures taken by in house jazz snapper of the Cellar: Steve Mynett. He always gets great shots and this night was no exception. The band was great and we had the honor of sharing the bandstand with veteran Hammond B-3 organist reigning champ of Harlem: Seleno Clarke with us. Filling out out the band was no less than house favorites Dave Sikula: guitar, Julian MacDonough: drums and of course my main man Cory Weeds on tenor saxophone. We decided to keep things extra crusty and go with two tenors on this and it worked out really great. All blues, all the time, baby… Enjoy!
- Nov 7, 2012__________________________________________________________________
Brand new release from Ian Hendrickson-Smith available now!
THE SOUL OF MY ALTO: a record of tender ballads in a uniquely hip setting of alto saxophone, Hammond B-3 organ and drums. The actual “street date” for this album is in January 2013 but it’s available in either CD or download NOW at the IHS MUSIC STORE. Take a look there for complete details and to hear the album…